Monday, October 15, 2012

Roving Reporter- Wednesday, September 19th


Roving Reporter
Izzy
#4

            Hi, there! My name is Izzy and today I am your Roving Reporter!
            First, when everyone got to school in the morning, Mrs. Slezinger lead the class over to the backstops to run laps. But Maddie and I skipped one lap because it was Mrs. Hauser’s birthday and we had to give her the special card that we planned to make for the old room twenty-five to sign their names on. Happy birthday, Mrs. Hauser!!!!
            When we got back to class Mrs. Slezinger started us off with a Bruno Mars song called Count on me when we unpacked. We have to beat the music in order for us to get an X. Although we didn’t get one, we’ll try to, tomorrow morning.
            Next, we started doing our daily morning rotation. There is a blue group, orange group, and green group. Can you guess what group I’m in? Yep! I’m in the green group! Today green had Mrs. Slezinger and Mrs. Gallo. After finishing Mrs. Slezinger’s part of rotation, the clean up song went off for recess. When our new class president, Orion came up to dismiss us he gave us a deal. If we stayed silent in the silent zone while we walk in line for the next six days, we will have popsicles on Friday. I guess the deal motivated us to stay quiet because it was completely silent! Once we got to the yard April, Lacey, Lauren, Victoria, and I were rehearsing the preamble for our test in social studies. When I finally lost my nerve to go play, everyone literally kept FOLLOWING ME! The bell rang for the lower grade’s recess to start.
            Orion took us back to the classroom and we started to do some math. The teacher finally gave us a break from compatible numbers! But, she did help some people who DESPARATLEY needed it. Surprisingly, we didn’t do any lessons in math. We just did some math games with partners. My partner was Chaerin and in my opinion, she was an amazing partner. It was really funny because when we rolled the die I kept getting a seven and Chaerin kept getting a six! It was definitely not our lucky day!
            The clean up song finally went off and everyone began to get out their social studies for after lunch rotations. As we walked to lunch we passed Mrs. Hauser and at the same time, April and I called out, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” after that Orion shushed us. April, Meghan, and I went to go study the constitution even more. Then, out of the blue, Meghan had a laughing fit! It was hilarious! Our lunch was over by then and we walked to the cold, air-conditioned classroom. Ahhhh… cold air.
            Mrs. Slezinger began reading that awesome book of hers, Among the Hidden for about ten minutes. Mrs. Gallo said she was ready for us to switch classes. I got so nervous for the test but then I started feeling confident. Mrs. Gallo called us out to say the preamble. The test was over and we began to make flashcards for the fifty states. Time was up and we went back to room 28 for science. We corrected our science homework and started working on pendulums and swingers, but nobody really understood.
            It was time to clean up and get out our agenda books and write down our homework. The majority of the class was done writing so I opened the closets and school ended. This is Izzy, today’s roving reporter saying, “Adios, amigos!”

No comments:

Post a Comment