Monday, October 15, 2012

Roving Reporter- Thursday, August 30th


“Roving Reporter – Jennifer”
By: Jennifer No.7 August 30, 2012
            Hi, I am Jennifer and I am going to tell you what happened in room 28 on August 30, 2012.  
The first thing my class and I planned to do was get in a nice quiet line so we can earn an X on the chart in our classroom and this will surprise Mrs. Slezinger. We had to get in a neat line and not disturb the other classes. It took a long time but we made it. When we entered the refreshing classroom, Mrs. Slezinger put on a song to see we can unpack before the song finished. During the song, the announcements went on and we did the pledge of allegiance to the flag. After that, Mrs. Yoo told the school some important things for the day.
Once we finished unpacking, we got out our Treasures Book and read “Shiloh”. Shiloh is a story about a dog that was abused by its owner and another family tries to cure the dog and stop the owner from abusing the dog. From 9:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Nico’s mom came to our classroom with bags of tangerines.  My classmates and I shared the tangerines with Nico and said goodbyes to him because he is going to transfer to a different school next Wednesday. We also gathered around to take a picture with Nico.  After that, we went inside and decided to write cards for him. We didn’t finish but we hope we will finish them before Nico leaves so we can give it to him. Bang, Bang, Bang … the sound of the bell went on I was happy for a little rest and something to eat. When I got outside I smelled the fresh air and got in line. Mrs. Slezinger told us to get back inside because we were too loud. Again, we tried to get in line and this time it was better, so we started walking to the yard. When we got to the yard, I went to go eat my snack at the cafeteria tables.  Bang, Bang, Bang… recess was over. Next, we got in line and when Mrs. Slezinger came to pick us up she was kind of upset because a lot of us were talking and siting on the benches. Anyways we got to class and reviewed for the math test. During the review Mrs. Slezinger sang the song “Line up those decimals and start to compare”.   Once that was done, we stared the math test. The song got stuck in my head throughout the test so I think I did a pretty good job. Ring Ring Ring … that was the lunch bell. We grabbed our lunch money and lunch boxes and headed out the door. This time our lines were much better so we started walking. Wait a minute I forgot the lunch bin so I asked Chaerin if she wanted to help me and she said, “Yes, I would love to.” Chaerin and I started walking back to the classroom and we both took the lunch bin all the way to the area where it all goes. We both walked to a shady clean spot and we met Danell, Madi, and Eden and we started talking about what we did so far in the day. After lunch, we walked into Mrs. Gallo’s class and we had a conversation about what are long term goals and short term goals and how important they are. Mrs. Gallo passed out a card so we could write our goals on it, why we want that goal, and how are we going to do it. Following, Mrs. Gallo passed out another piece of paper and she said we had to write adjectives about us and it was due next Thursday. When we walked back to our original classroom we started doing science in science we watched a video about the solar system. It was almost the end of the day so we cleaned up and Brianna gave us goody bags and we sang Happy Birthday to her. This is the end of our amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment