Monday, October 15, 2012

Roving Reporter- Wednesday, August 15th


The Roving Reporter
By Madi
Hi! I’m Madi reporting for the Roving Reporter. I’ll tell you all we did today.As we walked into class, our teacher put on music to see if we could beat its time to unpack everything. We almost beat the music, although the announcement for the morning came on! “I pledge allegiance, to the flag…” everyone said in rhythm. Then, Mrs. Yoo, our principal, announced a few things.
After that, Mrs. Slezinger grouped us up and we got out our Classroom Rules paper we had for homework last night. Then, the clusters decided to stick three of their best ideas on the paper sheets for each specific class rule. Then, Mrs. Slezinger took us to www.slezingerworld.com, her website. She showed us around, like how to get to useful links, useful resources, and so much more. Ding, Ding, Ding…. the sweet sound of the recess bell. Once I felt the tenderness of the sun on my face, I felt so refreshed. But wait a second… where was my lunchbox!? Mrs. Slezinger and I  opened the door and looked for it. There it was! Phew. I felt a sigh of relief. I thanked Mrs. Slezinger and went on my way. When I arrived at the cafeteria, some boys had bagels on their ears and were singing: “BAGEL, BAGEL, BAGEL, BAGEL, BAGEL, and BAGEL!!!!! “ Besides, I had a doughnut.  Now, recess was over and I paced over to the line. Our teacher introduced us to our new line up place by the pavilion. Now, we are doing some math. We are doing place value. It is quite exciting. Hmm… is that the lunch bell??? Oh yeah! It is! Keane, Haiyan, and I were having a conversation about ducks. Keane said: “Ducks are like this: “QUAAAAK!!! Get me an mp3 and other stuff! QUAAAAK!!! Get me popcorn, soda, chips, candy and whatever other junk you’ve got!!!” That was very funny Keane!!! Ding, Ding, Ding….  Awwww! Lunch is already over!!! Now, we are currently in our cool classroom and fanning off ourselves listening to Among the Hidden by Margeret Peterson Haddix which Mrs. Slezinger is reading us. After this, some people will be finishing up math. Mrs. Slezinger tells us what to pack and what to do for homework. At the moment we are going to pair up in teams again to do: What Is the Executive Branch of the United States of America? Some people used the Android tablets, like my group with Bailey and Orion. Or other people used the desktop or Thinkpads. But, unfortunately, only the desktops could work because those were connected to Ethernet. Since we packed up early, we could play Magic Glasses!  Someone had to put on the glasses and another person would have a paper saying: Glasses, Glasses what do you see, what do you see you like about me? And the person with the glasses would say a nice comment to the other person like: “You have a nice smile because it is very bright.” We only got up to a few people when the bell rang. We’ll be finishing it up tomorrow, anyways. This is Madi , from Room 28’s Roving Reporter, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment