Monday, October 15, 2012

Roving Reporter- Wednesday, August 29th


Roving Reporter
By: Demetrius
No. 28
August 29, 2012

Hello, this is Roving Reporter Dashing Demetrius with some outstanding reports! Today we are going to explore a day in my life of a Welby Way student. This is going to be an outstanding educational exploration.
                  I was awoken at 6:20 a.m. by the sound of my mom’s voice saying “Demetrius, time to get up for your run.” My dad and I run every morning. We run from our house to my school and back. Today I felt kind of tired so my dad kept on having to say “Keep up!” I run everyday so I can prepare myself for my black belt test next May. I think it is great that my dad is helping me to prepare for my black belt test and I love him a lot for that. After running I ate my breakfast. I had scrambled eggs that I cooked myself. Then I did my morning business like brush my teeth and brush my hair. After my morning business, I walked to school with my friends and members of my family. I have been walking to school most mornings since I was in Miss McKee’s kindergarten class five years ago. We often see other Welby Way students on the way, like Izzy.  I like to see what friends we will see walking each day. Almost every day I have   walked with Sophie, she was a 5th grader last year and she lives next door to me.  She started middle school today and I will miss walking with her because she knows all about my “Secret Empire.” I will let you in on a little bit of the secret, but just a little.  My empire is for mice.  That is all I can tell you for now.  Sophie will never tell about my empire, so my secrets are safe. 
                  After walking to school I went into my classroom and the real adventure began.  Today the morning song was “So call me maybe.” That is my second favorite song.  My favorite song is “Thriller” by the late Michael Jackson because I love the lyrics and the awesome video.  My little sister Tyonna loves the song “So call me maybe”.   Whenever the song comes on she comes running and shakes her booty really hard and sings all the words.  It is super cute.  The song makes me think about her, so my morning was off to a great start.   Every day in class we play a song in the morning.   This morning everyone was singing and dancing.  It was kind of fun.  
After having fun with the song it was time to get to work.  First, we wrote about what we would rather eat, an ear wax omelet or a hair sandwich.  I choose the hair sandwich because you can’t taste the hair.  I think that ear wax would taste really bad.  I thought that assignment was gross.  After that we read a story called “Shiloh”, it was about a dog that was being abused by his owner.    We didn’t finish the story but there is hope because the dog ran away and ended up with a new family.  I am very excited to hear about what is going to happen next in this story.  Will Shiloh get a new family?  I will have to wait and see.  After recess we learned about decimals.  We learned how to add and subtract decimals.  It was super easy, but fun.   Decimals are interesting to me because I am a math maniac and I want to be an engineer when I grow up.    At lunch it was “game on” at basketball today.  Even though my team lost, we lost with pride, well I did for sure.  I learned that you should pass the ball more and that it is important to give all the players a chance to play.  The first half of my day was over.

Following lunch we learned about social studies.  We took a test about Native Americans and a quiz on the capitals of states in the United States.   The Native American test wasn’t so hard because Mrs. Gallo really gave us a lot of time to learn the stuff and didn’t make the test too hard.  The test on the states was much harder; I think I only got seven correct.  I need to learn a lot more about the states. There were a lot of tests today; once we finished those two tests we had a science test. The science test was on the solar system and it was super hard.  The solar system is cool because I when I think about it I think about aliens on other planets.  I also imagine sea monsters in the waters of Neptune.  I don’t know if there is water on Neptune, but I imagine there must be.  I look forward to learning more about the solar system.   

  So that was a little peak into my fun filled day of education exploration!

No comments:

Post a Comment