Monday, October 15, 2012

Roving Reporter- Wednesday, October 10th


Izzy
#4
October 10, 2012
Roving Reporter                                                                                                             
This is Izzy, your roving reporter for today saying hello to each and every one of you! Now, let’s get down to business. To start off the day Mrs. Slezinger took us to the backstops on the yard so we could run four laps around the field. When we were done running, the class went back to room 28 to learn all sorts of new things. We unpacked to the song Put Your Head Up. I love that song! Next we got out our language arts to do some critical thinking on the previous articles and stories we’ve read. Yesterday we read Earth keeping, The Biodiversity Man, and A Historic Journey. That story was about Lewis and Clark’s expedition across the Louisiana Purchase. Then we started to play a fun little game as a brain break called Stand If. It’s a game where Mrs. Slezinger says stand if you… have orange on your clothes. That was just an example. After that we took out our narrative essays that we’ve been working on. My topic is adopting my guinea pigs. Finally the clean up song goes off for us to prepare for math after recess. Usually the clean up song before recess is called This is Your Life. It’s a pretty good song, although I’ve never heard of it. When everyone finished cleaning up Orion dismissed us to get in line for recess. When we got on the yard April and I went to go hang out by the big trees. As we were walking around the tree I heard a loud, “WHOA!!! THAT’S SO AWESOME!” I ran towards April and I saw her staring at the tree. There were tons of red ants and they were HUGE! We called them gi-ants. After that the bell rang and when I was walking towards the line Mark came up to me and April asking us which president we wanted to get elected. We both said Obama and when he heard that he said “Darn it, Obama!” When we got to class we began to do some math. We learned how to multiply decimals by whole numbers and I found it pretty fun. Mrs. Slezinger then started giving checks to the people who did AR. Lior got $840.10!!!! That’s tons of money! After that we continued practicing math. At 11:30 our clean up song went off and this time it was Count on Me. That’s one of my favorite songs. Everyone started getting ready for rotations after lunch for social studies. While we were eating I sat with April and Zevy. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I was SERIOUSLY craving chocolate! After we finished eating April and I went to the bench by daycare. A few minutes later a whole kindergarten class came piling in and started playing, and also drawing cute, little pictures. When the lunch bell rang I walked to the line and we went back to the classroom. Mrs. Slezinger started reading her amazing book, Among the Hidden. I really like that book and everyone else does, too. She finished the chapter and we gathered up our stuff and left for social studies. We did the debate for the presidents and my side was Obama. YAY! After the debate we went back to room 28 for science. As we corrected our science homework Heidi and I passed out some worksheets. We worked on them and the clean up song went off again for us to get out our planners. We wrote down our homework and the bell rang for the end of school. This is Izzy, today’s roving reporter, saying bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment