Friday, November 2, 2012

Roving Reporter- Wednesday, October 24th


Roving Reporter
By: Demetrius
No. 28
October 24, 2012

Hello, this is Roving Reporter Dashing Demetrius with some outstanding reports! Today we are going to explore another day in my life of a Welby Way student. This is going to be another outstanding educational exploration.
I arrived at school at 7:50 am this morning on a cool and chilly day.  As soon as I arrived I decided to play suicide with my classmates.  Suicide is a game that requires you to throw a ball at the handball court.  If the ball hits you before it hits the ground you have to run to the board and touch it before someone throws the ball to the handball wall.   If you fail to touch the wall you are out.    I was only able to play for about five minutes before the bell rang.  Darn it!   I didn’t get a chance to get the ball.  There is always another day. 
When the school bell rang it was time to run our laps.  The laps are really easy for me because I run four times a week at 6:00 AM in the morning.  I am training for my black belt.   So I am always able to run the laps with no problem.  We had to run five laps today.  The laps were pretty uneventful today.  After the laps we headed to class.    Our first task of the day was to write our personal narratives.   I thought it was fun and I enjoyed doing it.  It took about twenty minutes to complete that task.  I was a piece of cake.  The next thing we did was to work on our icon project.    The icon project is when you draw your icon and then you must answer questions about a story.   My icon project is about “The Black Cowboy.”  I am enjoying this project also.  I am super interested in the story because the black cowboy accomplished things that had never been done before.  That project took about thirty minutes.
It was now time to work on your tall tale.  A tall tail is a story that takes real people and you must exaggerate what they really did. My tall tale is about my mom.    When I drew my mom it looked like she didn’t have any hair.  Then pencil I used didn’t show up much.  Mrs.  Slezinger told me that my mother surely has hair.  I decided to color the hair darker.   It was finally recess.  Yeah baby!   Recess was super fun me and my friends did flips on the playground.  We had lots of fun.
It was now time for me to go to my pre-algebra group.  I like going to this group because I love math.   After I came back from pre-algebra my group in math rotation was starting the second rotation.  I was able to join in at that point.  They were busy playing math games.  I got to play a game with April.  It was really exciting because I didn’t know which of us was going to win.  Wow April won!  I really thought I was gonna win.  I will challenge her another day.  At the third rotation it was math facts time and we had to figure out the problem of the day.  Okay I finally go to shine; I finished the math problem first.   I felt like a math super hero. I could hear my cap flapping in the wind.   The math rotations ended.  Shoot I was just starting to really have fun, but it is was now lunch time.
At lunch time I ate my lunch and then played prisoner with a few friends.  That was really fun because I caught the ball like a billion time!   Lunch seemed like it was over super quick.  Our team won. Yeah!  We rejoiced!   We went back to class and listened to Mrs. Slezinger read a chapter in a book called “Among the Imposters.”  It is a really book.  It is filled with excitement, fear and happiness.   It was now time for social studies in Mrs. Gallo’s class.  We learned about how the life of the Europeans on the ships in the 1450s.   Mrs. Gallo had us pair up into groups that showed us how to control your anger and how to keep friendships.  We switched back to Mrs. Slezinger for science.  Today’s science project taught how soil can heat up in the sun and how it cools down in the shade.  We also learned how water could heat up in the sun and how water can cool down in the shade.   It was now time to go home.
 So that was a little peak into another fun filled day of education exploration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment